November 17, 2021 A Community of Generosity
We have a pretty amazing community of supporters who choose to give back to the lake they love by donating products or portions of proceeds from their sales, or holding special offers that benefit the LGLC. We’ve listed our current donors and deals below – we thank each business owner and donor for their support!
The Bolton Landing Brewing Co. chose the LGLC as the beneficiary of its first installment of their “Keep it Fresh” series, which they launched in October. The series supports charities that protect Lake George; this year all proceeds from its sales were given to the LGLC. The limited-edition IPA was their first fresh hopped beer, made with Idaho 7 hops over-nighted from Oregon. Sorry, this special batch is all gone!
Another Bolton business, I Wear Local, is raffling off a custom Lake George wall clock, now through Nov. 29th, the proceeds of which are also directed to the LGLC. Tickets are being sold in store only ($2 for 3, $5 for 10) and the winner will be chosen on the 29th – Cyber Monday. The store is located at 2 Karls Corner in Bolton Landing, behind the Bolton Landing Brewing Co.
Adirondack Etching, based out of the Shirt Factory in Glens Falls, has donated products to the LGLC for several years, and gives back 30% on LGLC branded items, and 10% of proceeds from all other sales when you use this link. You can find custom engraved and printed products, including glassware, stickers and apparel, all celebrating Lake George, the Adirondacks, and our region.
We are also honored that several very talented photographers have chosen the LGLC to receive proceeds from their wall calendar sales, featuring Adirondack and Lake George landscapes and wildlife. Here is a list with links for where to buy them:
- Carl Heilman, II: 12″ x 9″ (opens to 12″ x 18″) 2022 wall calendars are available on the LGLC online store, $13.95 each. 100% donation to the LGLC.
- Janice Pritchett: 11″ x 8.5″ (opens to 11″ x 17″) 2022 wall calendars, $28.00 including shipping. A portion of the proceeds will go to the LGLC. Email Janice to order. You can see her photography here.
- James Rodewald: 11″ x 14″ large format, 2022 wall calendar sold on his website, $28.00. 10% of proceeds will go to the LGLC. James also gives the LGLC 15% of proceeds from select prints in his Barnwood Frame Project collection.
Our online store also features donated custom and unique items, making these gifts that give 100% back to the LGLC for land conservation and the protection of Lake George—just in time for the holidays!
- Glenn Brownstein, Staloff Brothers Custom Metal Fabrication: Stainless steel custom items, including an LGLC keychain, LGLC bottle opener, and 16″ Lake George Wall Decoration.
- Love is on Lake George: bottle slings from ChicoBag, a perfect hiking accessory; and crew socks with the Lake George silhouette knitted right in!
Others have also contributed in special ways, including textile weaver Dr. Lynn O. Wilson who suggests donations to the LGLC in lieu of payment; and Carl Heilman, II, who donates use of his photography for our publications and outreach materials, and his time and talent for every Hike-A-Thon.
There are also countless others who talk to friends, and spread the word about who we are and what we do, in so many other unique ways. We thank all you for your support!