PROTECT OUR LAND
Land conservation can provide the most effective and efficient way to protect water quality by allowing the land to do what it does best: absorbing and filtering water before it reaches the lake.
The Lake George Land Conservancy safeguards the water quality of Lake George and the surrounding watershed by protecting:
• Undeveloped lakeshore & stream corridors
• Upland intact forest communities
• Rare, threatened, and endangered species
• Scenic vistas
Critical land protection is accomplished through:
• Direct acquisition (purchase and/or donation) of land in fee
• Direct acquisition (purchase and/or donation) of conservation easements
• Sound science and effective stewardship
Protecting the land that protects the lake since 1988. The Lake George Land Conservancy is an accredited not-for-profit land trust dedicated to working with willing landowners and other partners to protect the world-renowned water quality of Lake George and to permanently preserve the natural, scenic, historical and recreational resources of the Lake George Region.